Learning Redefined: Realign Your Professional Learning Goals for 2020
June 23, 2020
To say that 2020 is not what we thought it would be is a massive understatement.
Over the past three months, we’ve all been thrust into the world of remote work. In many cases, it hasn’t been ideal, but it is the new normal. Even if your job is slowly transitioning back to an office, it’s unlikely that you’ll be attending any conferences or large-scale in-person training any time soon. Don’t put your professional learning goals on hold. During this time, there’s no reason to not continue to learn and add essential job skills to your resume.
For years companies have been moving away from traditional classroom training to synchronous online learning and webinars. They are still live so the interaction is real and immediate. Think of this new environment as a fast-forward approach to your digital and mobile learning goals.
Here is the upside of synchronous online learning or webinars:
- Connection – Learners can learn and engage from home in real-time with their team members
- Mobile – All you need is a laptop, tablet or smartphone and learning can be done anywhere.
- No Travel – Time and expense of travel are eliminated.
- Team building – The team that learns together, succeeds together. A live, interactive environment is ideal for virtual team building.
- Global – Companies can deploy training simultaneously to employees in locations around the world.
- Ask the Coach – Big bonus of live training is having the coach available to ask questions and guide the learning in real-time.
Now is not the time to put aside your professional learning goals. Let your employees know you support their growth and development and keep learning front and center. If we can support you in delivering your synchronous online learning, please reach out to us.