It’s Time to Embrace Live Synchronous Online Learning
April 29, 2020
We’ve all been thrust into the world of remote work – setting up home offices at kitchen tables and in spare bedrooms, praying for stable home wifi and looking for ways to quiet a barking dog during meetings. It’s definitely not ideal, but it’s the best way to reduce the risk of this global health crisis.
In the weeks and months to follow, we have all adjusted and learned how to be better remote workers. One big part of that is embracing live synchronous online learning or webinars. During this time, there’s no reason to not continue to learn and add essential job skills to your resume. In some ways, it’s ideal.
For years companies have been moving away from traditional classroom training to synchronous online learning and webinars. Think of this new environment as a fast-forward, a ‘trial-by-quarantine’ approach to your digital and mobile learning goals.
Here is the upside of synchronous online learning or webinars:
- Connection – Learners can learn and engage from home in real time with their team members
- Mobile – All you need is a laptop, tablet or smartphone and learning can be done anywhere.
- No Travel – Travel for training is virtually eliminated.
- Team building – The team that learns together, succeeds together. A live, interactive environment is ideal for virtual team building.
- Lower cost – No expense for travel, trainer’s time, equipment or room rental.
- Global – Companies can deploy training simultaneously to employees in locations around the world.
- Ask the Coach – Big bonus of live training is having the coach available to ask questions and guide the learning in real time.
Our thoughts are with all of you and your families and we are hoping for a quick resolution to this global health crisis. In the meantime, you can let your employees know you care about their growth and development and keep learning front and center. If we can support you in delivering your synchronous online learning, please reach out to us.